§4-10-14. Provision for other reviews; consolidation, termination and reorganization of agencies or programs.
(a) The specifications of schedules for, and the scope of, agency and regulatory board reviews in this article shall not preclude a legislative review or reevaluation of any agency or program at other times. The joint standing committee may request a review of the performance, purpose, efficiency and effectiveness of any agency or program any time that circumstances may require, including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Expressed or implied statutory expiration of an agency or program;
(2) Creation of new, or the amendment of existing, federal law affecting the agency or program;
(3) Redundant purposes or functions in more than one agency or program or within an agency;
(4) Completion or satisfaction of agency or program objectives;
(5) Persistent inefficiencies in the delivery of services or in the accomplishment, or lack thereof, of statutory objectives;
(6) Fiscal constraints requiring changes in staffing, resources or goals; and
(7) Changes in legislative policy or direction.
(b) Following the completion of a review by the division and the joint standing committee, with responses and comment from the subject agency or regulatory board, the joint standing committee may recommend or propose the consolidation, termination or reassignment of the agency, program or regulatory board reviewed.
(c) Nothing in this article shall be construed as limiting or interfering with the right of any member of the Legislature to introduce, or of the Legislature to enact, any bill that would terminate, consolidate or reorganize one or more state agencies or programs without a review conducted under the terms of this article.