§9-10-6. Legislative Audit.
(a) On or before July 1, 2020, the Legislative Auditor shall conduct a post audit of the West Virginia Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Fund and report its findings and recommendations to the Joint Standing Committee on Government Organization.
(b) The post audit required by this section shall include, but not be limited to, a review and comprehensive report upon the following subjects:
(1) The Department of Health and Human Resources’ compliance with statutes and legislative rules governing administration of the Fund.
(2) The adequacy of oversight controls for expenditures from the Fund.
(3) The extent to which the Department of Health and Human Resources administers the Fund to maximize the number of eligible individuals served.
(4) The effectiveness of the Department of Health and Human Resources’ efforts to provide community education and outreach to eligible individuals regarding the availability of assistance from the Fund.
(5) The extent, if any, to which the functions of the Fund unnecessarily duplicate the functions of other state programs.