CHAPTER 10. PUBLIC LIBRARIES; PUBLIC RECREATION; ATHLETIC ESTABLISHMENTS; MONUMENTS AND MEMORIALS; ROSTER OF SERVICEMEN; EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING AUTHORITY.
§10-3A-2. Monument construction commission.
(a) A commission shall be established on July 1, 2022, to oversee construction of the monument. The commission shall be comprised of:
(1) The Curator of the Department of Arts, Culture, and History, who shall serve as chairperson;
(2) A member of the West Virginia House of Delegates, who shall be appointed by the Speaker of the House of Delegates;
(3) A member of the West Virginia Senate, who shall be appointed by the President of the Senate;
(4) A representative of the City of Fairmont, to be appointed by the city council of Fairmont, West Virginia; and
(5) A representative of the West Virginia University College of Creative Arts.
(b) A majority of the members of the commission must be present at a meeting to constitute a quorum, and a majority of those members present at a meeting must vote in the affirmative in order to pass a motion. A meeting may be called by the chair and at least five days written notice of the meeting must be provided to the members of the commission. The chair may call a meeting upon a written demand by at least three members.