§11-16-11a. Nonintoxicating beer sampling.
(a) Notwithstanding any provision of this code to the contrary, a Class A retail licensee may, with the written approval of the commissioner, conduct a nonintoxicating beer sampling event on a designated nonintoxicating beer sampling day.
(b) At least five business days prior to the nonintoxicating beer sampling, the Class A retail licensee shall submit a written proposal to the commissioner requesting to hold a nonintoxicating beer sampling event, including:
(1) The day of the event;
(2) the location of the event;
(3) The times for the event;
(4) The names of up to three specific brands, types and flavors, if any, of the nonintoxicating beer to be sampled; and
(5) A statement indicating that all the nonintoxicating beer brands have been registered and approved for sale in the state by the commissioner.
(c) Upon approval by the commissioner, a Class A retail licensee may serve the complimentary nonintoxicating beer samples of the approved brands, types and flavors that are purchased by the Class A retail licensee, with all taxes paid, from its inventory.
(d) The complimentary nonintoxicating beer sample on any nonintoxicating beer sampling day shall not exceed:
(1) One separate and individual sample servings per brand, type and flavor per customer verified to be twenty-one years of age or older; and
(2) Two ounces in total volume per brand, type and flavor.
(e) Servers at the nonintoxicating beer sampling event shall:
(1) Be employees of the Class A retail licensee;
(2) Be at least twenty-one years of age or older; and
(3) Have specific knowledge of the nonintoxicating beer being sampled to convey to the customer.
(f) All servers at the nonintoxicating beer sampling event shall verify the age of the customer sampling nonintoxicating beer by requiring and reviewing proper forms of identification. Servers at the nonintoxicating beer event may not serve any person who is:
(1) Under the age of twenty-one years; or
(g) A nonintoxicating beer sampling event shall:
(1) Occur only inside the Class A retail licensee's licensed premises; and
(2) Cease on or before 9:00 p.m. on any approved nonintoxicating beer sampling day.
(h) Any nonintoxicating beer bottle or can used for sampling must be from the inventory of the licensee, and clearly and conspicuously labeled "SAMPLE, NOT FOR RESALE". If the seal is broken on any nonintoxicating beer bottle or can, or if any nonintoxicating beer bottle or can is opened, then that nonintoxicating beer bottle or can must be removed from the licensed premises immediately following the event.
(i) Violations of this section are subject to the civil and criminal penalties set forth in sections eighteen, nineteen, twenty, twenty-two, twenty-three, twenty-four and twenty-five of this article;
(j) To implement the provisions of this section, the commissioner may promulgate emergency rules pursuant to the provisions of section fifteen, article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code or propose rules for legislative approval in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code.