As used in this article:
(1) “Civil Air Patrol leave” means leave requested by an employee who:
(A) Is a volunteer member of the civilian auxiliary of the United States Air Force known as the Civil Air Patrol; and
(B) Has been authorized by the United States Air Force, the Governor or a department, division, agency or political subdivision of the state to respond to or train for an emergency mission.
(2) “Emergency mission” means an Air Force assigned mission under which the West Virginia wing of the Civil Air Patrol conducts operations.
(3) “Employee” means any individual who performs services for, or under the control of, a provider of wages or remuneration.
(4) “Employee benefits” means all benefits other than wages given by an employer.
(5) “Employer” means any person or entity that employs more than fifteen employees.