§24C-1-6. Standard color code for temporary markings.
Temporary marking provided by operators and excavators to indicate the approximate location of underground facilities and work site boundaries shall utilize the following color code per facility type:
(1) WHITE: Proposed excavation.
(2) PINK: Temporary survey markings.
(3) RED: Electric power lines, cables, conduit, and lighting cables.
(4) YELLOW: Gas, oil, steam, petroleum, or gaseous materials.
(5) ORANGE: Communication, alarm or signal lines, cables, or conduit.
(6) BLUE: Potable water.
(7) PURPLE: Reclaimed water, irrigation, or slurry lines.
(8) GREEN: Sewer or drain lines.