(a) The board shall propose rules for legislative approval, in accordance with the provisions of §29A-3-1 et seq. of this code, to implement the provisions of this article, including:
(1) Standards and requirements for licenses and registrations;
(2) Requirements, qualifications and designation of third parties to establish educational requirements and to prepare and/or administer examinations and reexaminations;
(3) Procedures for the issuance and renewal of a license, registration and provisional license;
(4) A fee schedule;
(5) Continuing education and competency requirements for licensees and registrants;
(6) Establishment of competency standards;
(7) The procedures for denying, suspending, revoking, reinstating or limiting the practice of a licensee or registrant;
(8) Requirements for reinstatement of revoked licenses and registrations;
(9) Guidelines for telepractice;
(10) Rules to define the role of the speech-language pathology assistant or audiology assistant, including, but not limited to:
(A) The supervision requirements of licensees;
(B) The ratio of assistants to licensees;
(C) The scope of duties and restrictions of responsibilities of assistants;
(D) The frequency, duration and documentation of supervision required under the provisions of this article; and
(E) The quantity and content of pre-service and in-service instruction.
(11) Professional conduct and ethical standards of practice; and
(12) Any other rules necessary to effectuate the provisions of this article.
(b) The board may promulgate emergency rules in accordance with §29A-3-15 of this code to establish requirements and procedures for telepractice in accordance with the provisions of this article, including the scope of duties and restrictions of assistants in telepractice.
(c) All rules in effect on January 1, 2013 shall remain in effect until they are amended or repealed, and references to provisions of former enactments of this article are interpreted to mean provisions of this article.
(d) All rules in effect upon the sunset or termination of the Board of Hearing Aid Dealers and Fitters shall remain in effect until those rules are amended or repealed by the Board of Examiners of Speech Language Pathology and Audiology in accordance with the provisions of §29A-3-1 of this code.