§30-4-24. Inapplicability of article.
The provisions of this article do not apply to:
(1) A licensed physician or surgeon in the practice of his or her profession when rendering dental relief in emergency cases, unless he or she undertakes to reproduce or reproduces lost parts of the human teeth or to restore or replace lost or missing teeth in the human mouth;
(2) A dental laboratory in the performance of dental laboratory services, while the dental laboratory, in the performance of the work, conforms in all respects to the requirements of article four-b of this chapter, and further does not apply to persons performing dental laboratory services under the direct supervision of a licensed dentist;
(3) A student enrolled in an accredited D.D.S. or D.M.D. degree program or an accredited dental hygiene program practicing under the direct supervision of an instructor licensed by the board and (A) within a school, college, or university in this State; (B) in a dental clinic operated by a nonprofit organization providing indigent care; (C) in governmental or indigent care clinics in which the student is assigned to practice during his or her final academic year rotations; or (D) in a private dental office for a limited time during the student’s final academic year: Provided, That the supervising dentist holds appointment on the faculty of the school in which the student is enrolled;
(4) An authorized dentist of another state temporarily operating a clinic under the auspices of an organized and reputable dental college or reputable dental society, or to one lecturing before a reputable society composed exclusively of dentists; or
(5) A dentist whose practice is confined exclusively to the service of the United States Army, the United States Navy, the United States Air Force, The United States Coast Guard, the United States Public Health Service, the United States Veteran’s Bureau or any other authorized United States government agency or bureau.