§33-51-7. Pharmacy benefits manager and auditing entity registration.
(a) Prior to conducting business in the State of West Virginia, except as provided in subsection (d) of this section, an auditing entity shall register with the Insurance Commissioner. The commissioner shall make an application form available on its publicly accessible Internet website that includes a request for the following information:
(1) The identity, address, and telephone number of the applicant;
(2) The name, business address, and telephone number of the contact person for the applicant; and
(3) When applicable, the federal employer identification number for the applicant.
(b) Term and fee. —
(1) The term of registration shall be two years from the date of issuance.
(2) The Insurance Commissioner shall determine the amount of the initial application fee and the renewal application fee for the registration. Such fee shall be submitted by the applicant with an application for registration. An initial application fee is nonrefundable. A renewal application fee shall be returned if the renewal of the registration is not granted.
(3) The amount of the initial application fees and renewal application fees must be sufficient to fund the Insurance Commissioner's duties in relation to its responsibilities under this article, but a single fee may not exceed $1,000.
(c) Registration. —
(1) The Insurance Commissioner shall issue a registration, as appropriate, to an applicant when the Insurance Commissioner determines that the applicant has submitted a completed application and paid the required registration fee.
(2) The registration may be in paper or electronic form, is nontransferable, and shall prominently list the expiration date of the registration.
(d) Duplicate registration. —
(1) A licensed insurer or other entity licensed by the commissioner pursuant to this chapter shall comply with the standards and procedures of this article but is not required to separately register as an auditing entity.
(2) A pharmacy benefits manager that is registered as a third-party administrator pursuant to §33-46-1 et seq. of this code shall comply with the standards and procedures of this article but is not required to register separately as an auditing entity.