§4-13A-6. Powers; duties; limitation on duration of contracts.
The commission may:
(1) Solicit, accept, use, and dispose of gifts, grants, donations, bequests, or other funds or real or personal property for the purpose of aiding or facilitating the work of the commission, upon compliance with the provisions of §12-2-2 of this code;
(2) Procure supplies, services, and property and make or enter into contracts, leases, or other legal agreement as necessary to carry out its duties: Provided, That no contract, lease or other legal agreement may be entered into by the commission with terms which would extend beyond the termination date of the commission;
(3) Plan, develop and carry out programs and activities appropriate to commemorate the semiquincentennial of the founding of our nation;
(4) Encourage civic, historical, educational, economic, and other organizations throughout West Virginia to organize and participate in activities to expand the understanding and appreciation of the United States of America;
(5) Provide technical assistance to localities and nonprofit organizations to further the commemoration of the semiquincentennial of the founding of our nation;
(6) Develop programs and facilities to ensure that the semiquincentennial commemoration of the founding of our nation results in a positive legacy and long-term public benefit; and
(7) Encourage the development and conduct of programs designed to involve all citizens in activities that commemorate the semiquincentennial of the founding of our nation.