§59-1-2b. Purchase of voter registration lists and election data; fees.
(a) Except as may be otherwise provided in this code, the Secretary of State shall charge the following fees for data originating in the statewide voter registration system to be paid by the person for whom the service is rendered at the time it is performed:
(1) Election Cycle Subscription Service $1,000
(2) Statewide Voter Registration List $500
(3) Master Voter History List Export $500
(4) Statewide Early Voters List $200
(5) Statewide Absentee Requests List $200
(6) Statewide Absentee Received List $200
(7) Partial Voter Registration List Current hourly rate
(8) Voter History List Current hourly rate
(9) Complex Research Query Current hourly rate
(10) Update to a request made under subdivision
(2), (4), (5), or (6) of this subsection during the election
year in which the list was requested……………………….................... Current hourly rate
(11) Update to a request made under subdivision (3)
between the day following the request date and the completion
of voter history as required by section eighteen, article two,
chapter three of this code for the next succeeding primary,
general or odd-year election ……….……………………………………… Current hourly rate
(b) For the purposes of this section, “Election Cycle Subscription Service” includes:
(1) Statewide Registered Voter List updated monthly throughout the year and updated daily starting thirty days prior to election day through election day;
(2) Master Voter History List Export following certification of the primary, general and odd-year elections;
(3) Statewide All Mail-in Absentee Request List and Statewide Public Received Mail-in Absentee List for the primary, general and odd-year elections, updated daily starting thirty days prior to election day through ten days following election day; and
(4) Statewide Early Voters List for the primary, general and odd-year elections, updated daily starting on the first day of early voting through election day.
(c) At the time that a request is made under subdivision (7), (8) or (9), subsection (a) of this section, the current hourly rate, as determined by the Secretary of State, shall be communicated to the prospective purchaser along with an estimate of the number of hours needed to fulfill the request before any list is compiled.
(d) Net proceeds from the sale of data originating in the statewide voter registration system, along with any interest on such funds, shall be deposited into the State Election Fund as set forth in subsection (b), section forty-eight, article one, chapter three of this code.
(e) The fees provided for in this section shall remain in effect until such time as the Legislature has approved rules promulgated by the Secretary of State, in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, establishing a schedule of fees for services.