§5A-6C-3. Cyber Incident reporting; when required.
(a) Qualified cybersecurity incidents shall be reported to the Cybersecurity Office before any citizen notification, but no later than 10 days following a determination that the entity experienced a qualifying cybersecurity incident.
(b) A qualified cybersecurity incident meets at least one of the following criteria:
(1) State or federal law requires the reporting of the incident to regulatory or law- enforcement agencies or affected citizens;
(2) The ability of the entity that experienced the incident to conduct business is substantially affected; or
(3) The incident would be classified as emergency, severe, or high by the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.
(c) The report of the cybersecurity incident to the Cybersecurity Office shall contain at a minimum:
(1) The approximate date of the incident;
(2) The date the incident was discovered;
(3) The nature of any data that may have been illegally obtained or accessed; and
(4) A list of the state and federal regulatory agencies, self-regulatory bodies, and foreign regulatory agencies to whom the notice has been or will be provided.
(d) The procedure for reporting cybersecurity incidents shall be established by the Cybersecurity Office and disseminated to the entities listed §5A-6C-2 of this code.