§60-2-11. Powers and duties.
The Alcohol Beverage Control Commissioner shall have the following powers and duties and any and all other powers and duties reasonably necessary and convenient for the purpose of this chapter:
(1) Exercise general supervision of, and make rules and regulations for, the management of his or her agency;
(2) Sign and execute in the name of the commissioner any contract or agreement authorized by this chapter;
(3) Supervise the fiscal affairs and responsibilities of the agency;
(4) With the approval of the Governor, acquire title to and purchase real estate containing 12.168 acres situate on River Road in the Hub Industrial Park, Nitro, Putnam County, which real estate is improved by block and steel building containing approximately one hundred fifty thousand (150,000) square feet, formerly known as the Heck's warehouse, for a sale price not to exceed $2,250,000;
(5) With the approval of the Governor and the board of public works, sell, in part or in whole, the real estate containing 12.168 acres and a warehouse situate on River Road in the Hub Industrial Park, Nitro, Putnam County, for a sale price of at least the appraised fair market value and upon terms the commissioner determines to be in the best interest of the State of West Virginia;
(6) With the approval of the Governor and the board of public works, and upon the sale of real estate containing 12.168 acres and a warehouse situate on River Road in the Hub Industrial Park, Nitro, Putnam County, acquire title to and purchase, upon terms the commissioner determines to be in the best interest of the State of West Virginia, real estate containing a replacement warehouse of a size and in a location that the commissioner determines meets the storage needs of the agency;
(7) Keep a complete and accurate record of all proceedings, record and file all bonds and contracts taken or entered into and assume responsibility for the custody and preservation of all papers and documents pertaining to the commissioner;
(8) Purchase or lease as provided by law all equipment necessary for the conduct of the agency;
(9) Report to the Governor each year all information relative to the operation and functions of the agency. The commissioner shall make such other reports and recommendations as may be required by the Governor;
(10) Exercise any other power that may be necessary or proper for the orderly conduct of the business and the effective discharge of the duties of the commissioner; and
(11) Invoke any legal or equitable remedies for the enforcement of the orders of the commissioner or the provisions of this chapter.