§7-20-20. Cooperation by public bodies.
For the purpose of aiding and cooperating in the planning, undertaking or carrying out of a special infrastructure project located, in whole or in part, within the area in which it is authorized to act, any public body may, upon such terms, with or without consideration, as it may determine:
(1) Dedicate, sell, convey or lease any of its interest in any property, or grant easements, licenses or any other rights or privileges therein to an authority;
(2) Cause parks, playgrounds, recreational, community, educational, water, sewer or drainage facilities, or any other works which it is otherwise empowered to undertake, to be furnished in connection with an infrastructure project;
(3) Furnish, dedicate, close, vacate, pave, install, grade, regrade, plan or replan streets, roads, sidewalks, ways or other places, which it is otherwise empowered to undertake;
(4) Plan or replan, zone or rezone any parcel of land within the jurisdiction of the public body or make exceptions from building regulations and ordinances if such functions are of the character which the public body is otherwise empowered to perform;
(5) Cause administrative and other services to be furnished for the special infrastructure project of the character which the public body is otherwise empowered to undertake or furnish for the same or other purposes;
(6) Incur the entire expense of any public improvements made by the public body in exercising the powers granted in this section;
(7) Do any and all things necessary or convenient to aid and cooperate in the planning or carrying out of a special infrastructure project that is, in whole or in part, located in its jurisdiction;
(8) Lend, grant or contribute funds to a county commission for purposes of a special infrastructure project; and
(9) Employ any funds belonging to or within the control of the public body, including funds derived from the sale or furnishing of property, service, or facilities to a county commission for a special infrastructure project, in the purchase of the bonds or other obligations of a county commission issued under this article and, as the holder of such bonds or other obligations, exercise the rights connected therewith.