For the purposes of this article, the following words have the meanings assigned unless the context indicates otherwise:
(1) "Affected municipality", "affected county", "affected metro government" or "affected area", or the plural, mean municipalities, counties or metro governments in the territory encompassed by the proposed charter of a consolidated local government.
(2) "Consolidated local government", or the plural, means a type of government that encompasses municipal consolidation, county consolidation and metro consolidation.
(3) "County consolidation" and "consolidated county" mean the consolidation of two or more counties as defined by the charter.
(4) "Governing body", or the plural, means the body charged with the responsibility of enacting laws and determining public policy of a municipal or county government or local consolidated government.
(5) "Metro consolidation" and "metro government" mean the consolidation of one or more counties and a principal city as defined by the charter.
(6) "Municipal consolidation" and "consolidated municipality" mean the consolidation of two or more municipalities, including cities, towns and villages, as defined by the charter.
(7) "Principal city" means the municipality with the largest population in the territory encompassed by the proposed charter of the consolidated local government.