§8A-3-5. Optional components of a comprehensive plan.
The comprehensive plan may have, but is not limited to, the following components:
(1) History. -- An analysis of the history of the area to better provide for the future.
(2) Environmental. –- Recommend programs where appropriate to appropriate regulatory agencies to protect the area from all types of pollution and promote a healthy environment.
(3) Tourism. –- Recommend programs to promote tourism and cultural and heritage development in the area.
(4) Conservation. -- Recommend programs to conserve and protect wildlife, natural habitats, sensitive natural areas, green spaces and direct access to sunlight.
(5) Safety. -- Recommend public safety programs to educate and protect the public from disasters, both natural and man-made.
(6) Natural resources use. –- Identify areas for natural resources use in an urban area.