Email: Chapter 17, Article 29, Section 13
§17-29-13. Transportation network company driver requirements.
(a) Before allowing an individual to accept trip requests through a transportation network company’s digital platform:
(1) The individual shall submit an application to the transportation network company, which includes information regarding his or her address, age, driver’s license, motor vehicle registration, automobile liability insurance and other information required by the transportation network company;
(2) The transportation network company shall conduct, or have a third party conduct, a local and national criminal background check for each applicant that shall include:
(A) Multistate/multijurisdiction criminal records locator or other similar commercial nationwide database with validation (primary source search); and
(B) National Sex Offender Registry database.
(3) The transportation network company shall review, or have a third party review, a driving history research report for such individual.
(b) The transportation network company shall not permit an individual to act as a transportation network company driver on its digital network who:
(1) Has had more than three moving violations in the prior three-year period, or one major violation in the prior three-year period, including, but not limited to, attempting to evade the police, reckless driving or driving on a suspended or revoked license;
(2) Has been convicted, within the past seven years, of any felony or misdemeanor, driving under the influence, reckless driving, hit and run, or any misdemeanor violent offense or sexual offense, or more than three misdemeanors of any kind;
(3) Is a match in the National Sex Offender Registry database;
(4) Does not possess a valid driver’s license;
(5) Does not possess proof of registration for the motor vehicle(s) used to provide prearranged rides;
(6) Does not possess proof of automobile liability insurance for the motor vehicle(s) used to provide prearranged rides; or
(7) Is not at least nineteen years of age.