Email: Chapter 30, Article 3F, Section 1
As used in this section:
(1) “Boards” means the West Virginia Board of Medicine; the West Virginia Board of Osteopathic Medicine, the West Virginia Board of Optometry, West Virginia Board of Physical Therapy, West Virginia Board of Chiropractic, West Virginia Board of Dentistry and the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses;
(2) “Direct medical care membership agreement” means a written contractual agreement between a care provider and a person, or the person’s legal representative;
(3) “Direct medical care provider” means an individual or legal entity, alone or with others professionally associated with the provider or other legal entity, that is authorized to provide medical care services and who chooses to enter into a direct medical care membership agreement;
(4) “Medical products” means any product used to diagnose or manage a disease, including any medical device, treatment or drug;
(5) “Medical services” means a screen, assessment, diagnosis or treatment for the purpose of promotion of health or the detection and management of disease or injury within the competency and training of the direct medical care provider; and
(6) “Medical care provider” means an individual or other legal entity that is authorized to provide medical services and medical products under his or her scope of practice in this state.