Email: Chapter 4, Article 13, Section 2
§4-13-2. Membership; terms; filling vacancies; election of chair and vice chair.
(a) The Governor shall appoint twelve members as follows:
(1) Three academic historians;
(2) The State Superintendent of Schools, or a designee;
(3) One representative of the Division of Culture and History;
(4) One representative of the Division of Tourism;
(5) One representative from the Herbert Henderson Minority Affairs Office;
(6) Five citizens members, no more than one of whom may be from any one state senatorial district;
(7) One member of the House of Delegates, to be appointed by the Speaker of the House of Delegates, who shall serve as an ex officio nonvoting member of the commission; and
(8) One member of the Senate, to be appointed by the President of the Senate, who shall serve as an ex officio nonvoting member of the commission.
(b) The members shall serve until July 1, 2021.
(c) Appointments to fill vacancies shall be for the unexpired terms. Vacancies shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointments.
(d) The commission shall elect a chair and a vice chair from among its members.