Email: Chapter 7, Article 22, Section 20
§7-22-20. Use of proceeds from sale of bonds.
(a) General. -- The proceeds from the sale of any bonds issued under authority of this article shall be applied only for the purpose for which the bonds were issued: Provided, That any accrued interest received in any sale shall be applied to the payment of the interest on the bonds sold: Provided, however, That if for any reason any portion of the proceeds may not be needed for the purpose for which the bonds were issued, then the unneeded portion of the proceeds may be applied to the purchase of bonds for cancellation or payment of the principal of or the interest on the bonds, or held in reserve for the payment thereof.
(b) Payment of costs. -- The costs that may be paid with the proceeds of the bonds include all development expenditures described in section five of this article and may also include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) The cost of acquiring any real estate determined necessary;
(2) The actual cost of the construction of any part of an economic opportunity development district project which may be constructed, including architects', engineers', financial or other consultants' and legal fees;
(3) The purchase price or rental of any part of an economic opportunity development district project that may be acquired by purchase or lease;
(4) All expenses incurred in connection with the authorization, sale and issuance of the bonds to finance the acquisition and the interest on the bonds for a reasonable time prior to construction during construction and for not exceeding twelve months after completion of construction; and
(5) Any other costs and expenses reasonably necessary in the establishment and acquisition of an economic opportunity development district project and the financing thereof.